top of page

Gotta Catch a Bus?

DESE’s - and most School Districts’ - guidance is for parents to find alternative transportation for their children. Drive your child, walk your child, have your child bike to school, etc.

Under State Law, parents of students with disabilities who are entitled to special transportation under their IEPs, may be reimbursed for transporting their own children. However, alternative transportation is not always an option.

If your child requires special school transportation and it is provided for under your child’s IEPs, the school must provide transportation as a related service. Therefore, you should notify your school district as soon as possible so arrangements may be made for your child to receive special transportation. Do not make assumptions that the school has your child on the bus route.

12 views0 comments


bottom of page